Welcome to the Pauline Haarer Website!
École Pauline Haarer is located in downtown Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada. We're a close-knit group with about 250 French immersion students and 20 staff members. We invite parents, students and members of our community to use the links in the upper left to find your way around this site.
L'école Pauline Haarer est fière d'avoir été une des premières écoles d'immersion à Nanaimo en ouvrant ses portes en septembre 1977. Notre école reçoit son nom d'une enseignante dévouée qui a enseigné à Nanaimo de 1890 à 1936. En 1935, elle a reçu la médaille King George pour ses services à l'apprentissage!
School Hours: Monday and Friday, 8:45 am - 1:30 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:45 am -2:40 pm.
2:40 pm Monday dismissals: November 24 and December 8; 1:30 pm Monday dismissals November 17, December 1 & 15.
Office Hours: Monday and Friday, 8:00 - 1:45; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 - 3:00. You are welcome to call the school at (250) 754-2722 or send me an email if you have questions.
For Library News and Updates, see: http://blogs.nlps.ca/mmesullivan/
1. Ongoing School Events
- RUNNING CLUB Congratulations to our runners at the District Meet Thursday, November 20 at the Rotary Bowl. Huge thanks to Mike and our great parent team for coaching and supporting our eager runners. Congratulations to Emma (7th), Joscelin (8th), Jami (6th) and Sophia (7th) in their district categories. Congratulations also to our running teams Tyke Boys (1st!), PeeWee Girls (2nd), PeeWee Boys (3rd) and Tyke Girls (4th) in the district for small school teams! Keep training for track and field in the spring!
- TRIPLE BALL VOLLEYBALL: See the calendar for bantam and peewee boys and girls practice times and games. Thank you to parent coaches and teacher sponsors for volunteering!
- LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS - please let Dominique Sullivan know if you have time to help in the library.
- THE GATHERING PLACE - Open Mondays and Wednesdays at lunch for crafts and stories.
- SCHOOL GARDEN GROUP: Volunteers are welcome help with the garden beds at the front of the school and in the gazebo area. We have one final garden clean up planned for the next 'sunny' spell of weather. After that, we look forward to hearing from you in the spring.
2. Pauline Haarer Math Challenges
All grade one through grade seven students have access to Mathletics online. Ask teachers for the student access code if you do not have it.
4. Next PAC Meeting: Thursday, January 8, 2015 (no meeting in December) at 6:30 pm in the school library
All families at Pauline Haarer School are members of the PAC and are welcome to attend. Child-minding is provided by grade 7 volunteers.
7. Before and After School Care
Kairis Gingerysty runs our on-site Before and After School Care Program. Hours are 7:30-8:45 am and from after school until 5:30 pm. There are still a few spaces available.
Thank you for your incredible support and participation at our school!
Karina Younk, Principal
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org